At Caler, Donten, Levine, Cohen, Porter & Veil, P.A., tax consulting means more than just completing tax returns.
The decisions you make today about your taxes can affect your individual, family and/or business assets throughout your lifetime. At CDL, we partner with you to define your goals, analyze your total financial picture, and forecast the future tax consequences of your financial choices.
We provide advice and guidance in a highly personalized manner with professionals that have the knowledge and expertise to help you every step of the way.
Our extensive experience includes the following areas:
- Corporate Taxation
- Multi-State Taxation
- Trust and Estate
- High Net Worth Individuals
- Real Estate Taxation
Tax Law is complex, whether your tax matter is personal or business-related.
As tax laws, regulatory and fiscal climates, and your needs change, we help you revise your tax planning strategies to reflect these new circumstances. We constantly monitor laws, regulations, tax cases, and proposed legislation so that we can analyze their potential impact on your specific situation and assist you in making the most tax-efficient decisions while minimizing unnecessary tax burdens.
CDL – Where accounting is more than just numbers.
All client situations are as unique as the individuals we represent, but our focus remains on helping you achieve personal financial goals.
Our client base includes high net-worth individuals, family business owners, local business operators, large corporations, international businesses and foreign nationals, among others. Our tax, business, and consulting expertise allow us to cater to each client’s set of circumstances. This includes both current and long-term planning services as well as tax compliance services for the preparation of federal, state, and local returns.
The CDL Tax Service Practice provides integrated services together with our Family Office Division.
Individuals and families that have achieved a substantial level of prosperity have complex needs and often require expert advice and planning. We have a long history of assisting clients with estate planning needs and goals, including succession planning for family owned businesses, utilization of trusts, vehicles to manage estate and gift taxes, and other strategies designed to meet each family’s estate planning goals. Whether your goals are to maintain privacy, minimize taxes on the transfer of assets and/or maintain certain assets within your family, our firm can help design and implement appropriate strategies.
Effective tax planning is an essential step toward achieving your financial goals.
Our Tax Services Department provides proactive consultative services, as well as assistance in managing the tax consequences of business, investment or other financial decisions. By integrating tax planning with every aspect of a client’s financial decision-making, our team helps clients make tax-efficient investment decisions and develop financial structures to help you take advantage of available tax opportunities.
Our Tax Services Include:
The way you manage your income for tax purposes may have a significant impact, not only on your annual tax liability, but also on your ability to meet your long-term financial objectives. Our approach helps you formulate and implement a tax plan designed to achieve your overall financial objectives.
- Income tax planning and compliance with local, state, national and international jurisdictions
- Preparation of federal, state and local tax returns
- Employment taxes
- Sales and Use Tax
- Multi-year and transactional tax planning
- Management of audits by state and federal taxing authorities
- Like-kind exchanges and other real estate tax minimization strategies
- Entity structure and start-up advisory services
- Buy-sell agreements and business succession planning
- Planning for officers’ compensation and fringe benefits, including analysis of pension and profit-sharing plan opportunities
- Analyzing acquisitions and sales of businesses
- Representation before Federal and State and Local taxing authorities
Safeguarding your estate is one of the most important things you can do. Smart estate and gift planning minimizes estate and income taxes for your heirs, provides a secure financial future for you, helps ensure that future generations benefit in the manner you desire, and can protect your assets from liability claims.
CDL estate and gift planning professionals work closely with you and your trusted advisers, such as your attorney or trust officer, to help you achieve these objectives.
- Succession planning
- Family estate and gift planning
When you establish a trust, key considerations include the type of assets to transfer, whether you want to retain any benefit during your lifetime, your degree of control over when and how your heirs use the assets, and whether and how to leave something to charity. Changes in law, as well as changes in your family or financial situation, may also impact trust planning. As your tax adviser, we are continuously involved with your financial matters to help you establish, and maintain, a well-designed trust.
- Wealth transfer strategies
- Retirement planning
- Analysis of tax consequences under various scenarios
- Opinion on tax issues
Both you and your favored charity or private foundation can benefit greatly through savvy charitable giving. Our tax professionals help you develop the most advantageous plan, from timing of your contribution to the establishment of a charitable trust. Choices abound, and we will help you through the process from concept to implementation.
- Leveraging charitable giving
- Application for exempt status
- Preparation of information returns for not-for profit organizations
- Representation before Federal, State and Local taxing authorities
Additional services provided:
- Application for exempt status
- Preparation of Form 990, 990-T, 990-PF information returns
- Assistance with tax audits
- Evaluation of organization structure
- Preparation of partnership or corporate federal and state income tax returns