JOHN C. COURTNEY, CPA/J.D.
John Courtney began his accounting career with Lanigan & Associate, PC in Thomasville, Ga., in 1981. He continued his career with KPMG from 1996 through 2001. In 2001, he joined Caler, Donten, Levine, Cohen, Porter & Veil, P.A. and became a shareholder in 2006.
John practices in the areas of individual, family, partnership, corporate, fiduciary and trust and estate taxation. He is a licensed CPA and attorney in both Florida and Georgia, and is admitted to practice before the United States Tax Court.
Areas of Experience
- Tax Planning and Advising
- High Net-Worth Individual Tax Planning and Compliance
- Estate Planning
Professional and Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Georgia Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of Florida and Georgia Bar Associations
- Stetson University, Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting
- Cleveland State University, Master of Business Administration in Accounting and Taxation
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Juris Doctorate
- Emory University, Master of Law in Taxation