RICK HOAGLAND, CPA/ABV/CFF,CFE, CVA
Director, Business Valuation & Litigation Support
Email Rick | vCard | CV | LinkedIn
Rick Hoagland began his career with a local accounting firm in 1993 and went on to provide private business valuation and litigation support services in 2008. He joined Caler, Donten, Levine, Cohen, Porter & Veil, P.A. in 2013.
Rick has more than 25 years of experience providing business valuation and litigation support services to clients and their attorneys. He has provided expert witness analysis and testimony in many areas, including family law matters, commercial litigation, eminent domain proceedings, personal injury / wrongful death matters, civil and criminal fraud cases, and estate and gift matters. He has been qualified as an expert witness in Florida state courts and in Federal court.
Rick has received introductory and advanced training in collaborative dispute resolution, and is active in local and state-wide collaborative practice groups.
His business valuation experience includes valuing closely-held corporations, limited liability companies, and partnerships for clients in various industries. His experience in forensic accounting and litigation support includes extensive experience in family law matters, asset-tracing and fraud investigation, corporate disputes, dissenting shareholder actions, and economic damages calculations for personal injury and wrongful death actions.
Areas of Experience
- Expert witness testimony in litigation related matters (including jury and bench trials) including marital and family law, civil litigation, fraud, contract disputes, dissenting shareholder actions, partnership/shareholder disputes, and personal injury / wrongful death actions
- Collaborative dispute resolution, financial neutral
- Forensic accounting, litigation support, and fraud investigation, including civil litigation, marital and family law, fraud, contract disputes, dissenting shareholder actions, partnership / shareholder disputes, and personal injury / wrongful death actions
- Valuation of closely-held businesses
- Economic Damages calculations
- CPA – licensed by the State of Florida
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) (AICPA designation)
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) (AICPA designation)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) (ACFE designation)
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) (NACVA designation)
Professional and Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts, Course Review Committee (current Member) and Exam and Grading Committee (past Member)
- Palm Beach Academy of Collaborative Professionals (founding Member)
- Florida Academy of Collaborative Professionals (Member, Leadership Fellow)
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals (Member)
- Family Law Section of the Florida Bar, Affiliate
- Martin County Bar Association, Affiliate
- Palm Beach Estate Planning Council, Member
- University of North Florida, Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting